Rental booking information
Terms & COnditions
Mountainbike Portugal – Bike Rental Terms and Conditions
1. Agreement Acceptance: By accessing, browsing, or using our bike rental service, you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions outlined herein.
2.1. Mountainbike Portugal:
Mountainbike Portugal is a bike rental service with the VAT number PT517516632, having its head office at Rua Principal 5, 2640-068 Santo Isidoro, Portugal. From now on, we shall be referred to as: we, our, us, or Mountainbike Portugal.
All our cycling holiday packages are provided in cooperation with our partner lifextreme LDA, PT515426040. Terms and conditions of Lifextreme apply for all packages including hotel reservations: https://lifextreme.net/general-conditions/
The renter of a bike from Mountainbike Portugal shall be referred to as: you, client, or customer.
3. Rental Eligibility: To rent a bike from Mountainbike Portugal, you must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid government-issued photo ID. By renting a bike, you confirm that all information provided is accurate and complete.
4. Rental Period: The rental period begins when the bike is rented and continues until the bike is returned to the designated drop-off location. Rentals are charged on a daily basis, as specified during the reservation process. Every calender day is considered to be one rental day.
5. Rental Fees: Rental fees are based on the selected rental period and any additional services or accessories requested. Late returns may incur additional charges. All fees are subject to applicable taxes.
6. Security Deposit: A security deposit may be required at the time of rental to cover any potential damages, loss, or late fees. The deposit will be refunded upon the return of the bike in satisfactory condition.
7. Condition of the Bike: Renters are responsible for inspecting the bike before use. Any pre-existing damages must be reported to Mountainbike Portugal. Renters must return the bike in the same condition in which it was rented. Charges may apply for damages beyond normal wear and tear.
Since the customers are undertaking an unassisted bicycle tour, we strongly recommend that he should have some basic bicycle maintenance knowledge. Customers are responsible for minor repairs to the bike, for example repairing punctures. A list of the closest bike shops can be provided on request.
Customer agrees he/she will return the equipment in the same good condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear accepted, and to repair and replace lost or stolen, damaged or broken bicycles or parts or to reimburse Sportours for said equipment. Therefore, regardless of the party at fault, customer understands and agrees to be responsible for the theft or damage to said equipment
8. Use of the Bike Bikes are to be used in a lawful manner and in accordance with local traffic laws. Renters are responsible for any fines or penalties incurred during the rental period. Bikes must not be used for any commercial purposes.
Instruction in the use, assembly and maintenance of bicycles will not be provided and participants affirm that they are competent and familiar with the use of a multi-speed bicycle.
9. Damage, Loss or Theft: Renters are responsible for the bike during the rental period. Customer shall assume liability for any and all damage or loss of and to personal property, accident / injury to other persons related to said rental equipment. In the event of loss or theft, the renter is liable for the cost of replacement. It is recommended to use the provided lock when the bike is unattended.
You may pay an additional Theft & Damage insurance fee which in case of theft or damage to the bicycle will reduce payments by half of the usual market price of the lost or damaged item. In case of theft a formal Police Report must be lodged and a copy must be forwarded to us in order to activate the insurance. In case of damage a photo must be provided to us.
10. Maintenance and Repairs:
Although all our bikes are professionally serviced, bicycles may need tuning or maintenance during the course of the rental period; such maintenance will be carried out at the renter’s expense. Mountainbike Portugal will cover the cost of damages due to equipment failures beyond the customer’s control; i.e., damage occurred during transport or worn parts. Any deficiencies must be communicated to us within 24 hours of receipt of the equipment. To be eligible for a refund on such parts and service, you must provide us a photo of the damaged or worn parts and an invoice for new parts or services. We are responsible for structural deficiencies such as damaged frames, worn bottom brackets, suspension and wheel hubs. We aren’t responsible for the following occurrences during bike rental: gear tune ups / punctures / broken spokes / broken chains / broken derailleurs / broken drop-outs / wheel rim damage / torn saddles / damage beyond the control of Sportours and resultant of client use or misuse.
11. Booking confirmation: Bookings are only confirmed after our explicit confirmation or after payment in time of the required pre-payment as stated in your booking overview. Bank transfer less than 3 business days before expiration of our booking offer (date mentioned on your booking overview) require to send us a payment proof to guarantee reservation and availability of the rental item.
12. Prices and payments: The announced prices are only valid for tours during this year. All payments are cash via direct bank transfer. We accept payments in Euro (EUR or €) only. Any currency conversion charges should be made at the expense of the customer. A pre-payment is required for reservation if not agreed differently on your booking overview.
The available payment is preferred via direct bank transfer. If you want to pay by credit card (VISA or Mastercard), we are forced to charge you 3% over the total cost. If you want to pay via Paypal, we are forced to charge you 4% over the total cost.
13. Cancellation Policy: Bikes are only considered as reserved after payment of the required pre-payment (usually 50%). This amount is non-refundable. The remaining amount is refundable in case that it is paid anticipated or does not apply in case of cancellation or no-show. Cancellation policy may vary according to individual agreements.
13. Personal Insurance: We strongly recommend cancellation/interruption and accident insurance to prevent any losses in case of tour cancellation/interruption, medical, personal accident, loss of luggage and personal belongings and liability cover. It is the responsibility of the client to apply directly to the insurance company in own country. The customer should purchase a trip cancellation insurance in case an illness forces the client to cancel or depart early from a trip. Our cancellation fees are not negotiable.
Tip: Many home-owner policies and some car insurance policies provide coverage against incidental theft and damage while the insured is traveling; please check your policy to see if this is the case.
13. Governing Law: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Portugal, and any disputes shall be resolved in accordance with these laws.
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions: Mountainbike Portugal reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. Renters will be notified of any changes, and continued use of the service implies acceptance of the updated terms.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to comply with all provisions outlined herein.
Mountainbike Portugal – VAT number PT517516632
Head Office: Rua Principal 5, 2640-068 Santo Isidoro, Portugal